Inauguration Street Closures
The United States Secret Service (USSS) has shared an update regarding parking garage and loading dock access. Beginning Friday, January 15, at 6:00 a.m., all parking garages and loading docks in the White House security perimeter (19th to 14th streets NW and K Street to Constitution Avenue NW) will be blocked off and access will be restricted. Any vehicle remaining in any parking garage or loading dock AFTER 6:00 a.m. on Friday, will have to remain in place until the Inauguration concludes.
The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) reports the following road closures are in effect until further notice due to preparation for the 59th Presidential Inauguration.
• Independence Avenue between Washington Avenue SW and Second Street SE
• Constitution Avenue between First Street NW and Second Street NE
• East Capitol Street between First and Second Streets
• 18th Street at Constitution Avenue NW
• 17th Street at Independence Avenue SW
• 11th Street at Independence Avenue SW
• 12th Street at Independence Avenue SW
• 7th Street at Madison Drive NW
• 7th Street at Jefferson Drive SW
The road closures are subject to change on the streets surrounding the White House, the National Mall, the US Capitol and other parts of Downtown DC.
RESTRICTED ACCESS TO DOWNTOWN
Currently, vehicular access to the Downtown D.C. area is still available for residents and workers. Please be prepared to provide identification to police officers stationed at various points of entry to DowntownDC.